The Embassy of Japan in the United Kingdom (hereinafter referred to as “the Embassy”) is seeking proposals for a wide range of events celebrating the Japan Season of Culture in the UK between 2019 and 2020, bridging the Rugby World Cup 2019 and Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020. Organisers of events will be entitled to use the wording “Official event of Japan Season of Culture in the UK” for all publicity materials. The terms for the granting of official recognition are as follows:
(1) Eligible events will run throughout 2019 and 2020.
(2) We particularly welcome events related to the four highlighted themes of Disability Sports, Future Generations, Designing a Society for the Future (e.g. cutting-edge technologies which may help in solving global issues), and Washoku and Japanese Sake. Events shall be aimed at advancing mutual understanding between Japanese and British people, particularly the next generation.
For instance, they might be:
grassroots educational programmes
people-to-people exchange initiatives
intellectual exchange activities
events promoting corporate social responsibility
(3) The cost of staging the events must be fully covered by the organisers/applicants.
2. Privileges accruing from the recognition of an event
(1) Once an event has been recognised, it will be allowed to use the title ‘‘Official event of the Japan Season of Culture in the UK” and the official logo for all publicity materials (e.g. posters, pamphlets, websites, signboards and banners).
(2) Such an event will be registered in the Official Event List of the Japan Season of Culture in the UK. It will be publicised on this website and other relevant Japanese Government organisations.
3. How to register
(1) Please forward your completed application form to the Japan Season of Culture in the UK Desk at the Embassy, at least two (2) months prior to the date of the planned event.
(2) The Embassy will review your application documents based on the guidelines.
(3) The Embassy will inform the relevant organisation of the result of the application in writing. Once an event has been approved, the Embassy will send the electronic data of the logo to the applicant and publish the outline of the event in the Official Event List of the Japan Season of Culture in the UK on this website.
(4) After an event has taken place, please submit a report on it to the Embassy.
(5) The above-mentioned report should include all relevant information, including the number of participants and an assessment of:
the extent to which the objective was achieved;
the impact on the targeted audience; and
the event’s contribution to the Japan-UK relationship.
(1) Organisers will be fully responsible for all aspects of events.
(2) As we are unable to return applications, we recommend you to keep a copy for your own reference.
(3) As a matter of policy, the Embassy does not provide any feedback regarding the outcome of the selection process.
(4) Organisers shall not alter the design or colour scheme of the logo or use it for other purposes without permission of the Embassy.
(5) Organisers shall not use the logo to make profits or to promote commercial activities.
(6) Organisers should be aware that, if it is deemed that any of the guidelines have been breached after an event has been registered, the registration may be cancelled.
(7) Should an event be cancelled or in the case of a substantive change, the organiser should inform the Embassy in writing without delay.
5. Event registration and enquiries