Location: Embassy of Japan, London
Salary: 25k-35k (according to qualifications and experience)
Application Deadline: 30 August 2019, 18:00
Interviews: August 2019 (TBD)
Start Date: September 2019 (TBD)
The Embassy of Japan seeks a highly qualified person who can perform as an assistant to diplomats of the Building and Property Management Section.
- General administrative duties such as handling correspondence with maintenance companies and contractors
- Managing and supervising work carried out by maintenance companies and contractors at the Embassy’s properties
- Supporting general DIY maintenance work at the Embassy’s properties
- Competence in secretarial and assistant work
- English language as a mother tongue or equivalent, both spoken and written
- A good command of Japanese is an asset
- An interest/experience in Architecture and Facilities is also an asset
- Good IT Skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint are essential
- UK driving license (light van is provided to visit Embassy’s properties)
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a CV (as detailed as possible) and covering letter explaining how you are able to meet the requirements for the position, along with your current salary, an email address and a daytime telephone number to the email address below.
Embassy of Japan
101-104 Piccadilly, London, W1J 7JT
※Please note that submitted documents will not be returned and we do not accept application documents via post.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK in accordance with the actual Immigration Act. All applicants must state that this right is obtained through citizenship, permanent residency or work permit in their application. Applicants not providing this information in their application will not be considered for employment. Short-listed applicants will be asked to provide, prior to interview, documentation to certify their legal right to work in the UK.
The Embassy will draw up a shortlist on the basis of the application documents. Applicants on the shortlist will be invited to an interview and examination (date to be announced).
The successful applicant shall serve a probation period of six months immediately after the date of the start of the employment.
It is the Embassy’s policy that we do not give any kind of feedback of the interviews.
All enquiries regarding this job vacancy must be made by email. For enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Embassy of Japan (Buiding and Property Management Section)