4, 5 October 2014, Kent
A unique opportunity to study all aspects of the Japanese sword, koshirae, armour and related arts in an historic setting.
Reception Dinner in the Great Hall on Saturday 4th October. Token Taikai on Sunday 5th October.
Highlights will include :
- Display of some of the most important swords from private collections in the UK, including Chiddingstone Castle’s own.
- Demonstrations of traditional skills, including tsuka binding, armour lacing and sword polishing.
- Lecture on Hizen swords by Clive Sinclair, Chairman of Token Society of Great Britain.
- Lecture by Gregory Irvine, Senior Curator of Japan at the V&A Museum, London.
- Lecture on Yamato swords by Paul Bowman and Mike Hickman-Smith, Members of NBTHK E.B
- Hands-on examination of a number of blades, fittings and armour.
- Trade stands
Preferentail rates at local hotels can be advised.
Admission: £95 to include both Reception dinner on Saturday and Taikai on Sunday with ploughmans lunch.
£55 for Reception Dinner on Saturday and ploughmans lunch on Sunday only.