Japanese Week at RHS Garden Wisley
4 - 10 November 2013, Woking
Join us for Japanese Week: 4 – 10 November
This autumn, join us for a special week celebrating Japanese horticulture, featuring talks, art displays, craft activities and more.
- Try on children’s kimonos and see entries from our children's drawing competition in the Glasshouse Gallery
- Enjoy exquisite woodblock prints and watercolours from the RHS Lindley Library
- See beautiful Chrysanthemum and Acer displays in the Glasshouse
- Meet members of the Sutton Bonsai Society, and ask them your questions about caring for your bonsai (7 and 8 Nov)
-Join one of our Acer and bonsai guided walks
9 - 10 November
- Watch a traditional Japanese tea ceremony
- See calligraphy demonstrations
- Hear a bonsai talk by RHS Chelsea Flower Show gold medallist Peter Chan (2pm, 9 Nov only)
- Make an origami flower and paper crane (9 and 10 November)
Japanese drawing competition
Enter our children’s Japanese drawing competition (entry must be received by 31 October) and your work could be displayed in the Glasshouse during Japanese Week for all our visitors to see. All you need to do is draw an A4 picture of a Japanese garden or plant using paint, pencil or collage.
Please include your name, age and a contact phone number.
More details on our website.