Japan Conference for Schools 2018
12 October 2018, London
Applications are now OPEN for the Japan Conference for Schools that will be held on Friday 12th October 2018.
This is a free one-day conference for teachers to network and share ideas about bringing Japan and Japanese into schools.
The event is open to schools or local authorities that are new to the study of Japan, schools already implementing Japanese in their curriculum, those involved with partnerships in Japan and schools looking to enhance or develop an existing programme of Japan-related study.
There will be general sessions as well as sessions specifically geared to Primary or Secondary teaching.
As part of the event, there will also be a Pearson A-Level CPD Workshop, covering the new A-Level syllabus. This workshop will run from 11:20 to 15:50 with the cooperation of Pearson.
The day will be divided into three “sessions”. For each “session”, participants can choose one workshop. Please note that participants can choose to attend EITHER the Pearson A-Level CPD workshop OR a combination of the other session workshops running throughout the day.
This event is FREE but prior booking is essential.
The booking deadline is 5th October 2018.
Numbers for this event are limited, so we strongly urge those interested to apply as soon as possible.
Workshops that will be running include:
NB: These workshop titles are TBC. Content may be subject to change.
- Designing and Managing Japanese Language Instruction for a Multi-level Class
- Cross-Curricular Focused (Primary): Introducing Japan/Japanese at Primary Level
- Cross-Curricular Focused (Secondary): TBC
- Language Focused: Japanese Language Club – Reading Through Manga
- Cross-Curricular Focused (Primary): Maths Through Japanese
- Cross-Curricular Focused (Secondary): “Japanese Excellence Programme”
- Language Focused: Japan Foundation Grants Information Session
- Cross-Curricular Focused (Primary): Haiku
- Cross-Curricular Focused (Secondary): Art in the Japanese Classroom.
For more information on each workshop, as well as our provisional schedule, please click here.
To fill out our online application form, please click here!
If you have any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org