Learn to paint Japanese ink and water-colour landscapes following the fours seasons, known as the painting of 'mountains and water'. This mixed-level course will take you step by step into the appreciation of the landscape as a place in one's heart.
Join Talia and learn how to paint spring blossom landscapes, summer mountain views, maple autumn forests, and the snow mountains of winter, using traditional Japanese brushes, ink & watercolour on fine paper. With each subject, you will learn about its core feature and ideas, alongside key brush strokes of this technique.
Friday - 24/4, 1/5, 8/5, 15/5/2020 12:45 -16:15
Burgh House & Hampstead Museum, London
Based on simplicity and minimalism, this workshop is a form of active meditation, training of discipline of hands and mind. It enhances self-confidence and the flow with the brush, promoting new sets of drawing skills.
Each lesson will begin with a brief introduction and demonstration by Talia. You will learn various brush strokes and take part in exercises accompanied by study sheets, plenty of practice time, 1-2-1 tutorial, and group discussions. You will be making your very own finished painting at the end of each session.
* Professional tools and materials are all supplied for the course as well as light refreshments
* A short list of what students can bring will be sent to all participants
* Professional calligraphy sets, brushes and paper can be purchased during the course
* Due to the heritage nature of Burgh House, places are limited to a maximum of 12 students
* The Buttery Cafe at Burgh House will be open for light lunches, tea & coffee from 11 am till 5 pm
* Nearest tube: Hampstead / Northern Line