HYPER JAPAN is the largest exhibition celebrating Japanese culture to be held in the UK. Organized by Cross Media Ltd., it was first held in London 2010. Centred on Japanese cuisine and popular culture such as gaming, manga, anime and music, the event introduces a wide range of Japanese culture, encompassing technology, fashion, traditional crafts.
Having undertaken the difficult decision to postpone the Festival due to the spread of COVID-19, HYPER JAPAN is providing exclusive online content straight from Japan, including webinars, entertainment and shopping.
Origami Online Workshop Part 3: “Christmas Tree Ornaments (Angel & Corn) and Santa gift card with Alice Stern
Date: 12th December 2020, Saturday
Time: 14:00-16:00 (2 hours lesson,10 minutes break in between)
Online tool: ZOOM (link will be sent to you after your purchase**)
• £27 - Single person ticket (incl. material and 1st class shipping within the mainland UK)
To join the workshop please purchase before 17:00 on 6th December 2020
< Workshop plan >
Please be prepared 10 minutes before the workshop starts.
1. Meet and Greet. Introduction to origami in the home and Christmas origami types.
2. How to make a Santa gift card, including full instructions and tips on decoration.
3. Making beautiful Christmas tree decorations, to include the charm featured in the pictures. If time permits we will make several types!
4. How to make an origami angel and assembling with a pearl bead as the face.
5. Demonstration on how to use string to complete your origami Christmas tree decorations and angel. Alice will decorate her own Christmas tree to give you some tips.
6. Q&A and information on Alice’s next origami Christmas class.
There will be a 10-minute break during our class*
About Alice Stern:
I love origami and sharing my interest for it with others, we are focused on creativity and having fun in every event offered. I have run Alice Sushi Art for over 5 years after living in Japan for 2 years. I have experience in teaching all levels from very young children to adults and all with varying origami experience from beginner to advance. I am interested in origami installations and am currently completing one. I also have an online Etsy shop where I sell some of my handmade pieces.