Visits to the Consular Section are by Appointment Only. Appointments can only be booked online.

Passport Renewal before the expiry date

  1. One completed Application Form - Download available

    - Application Form is also available at the Embassy. ※Sample (PDF) : Adult (Over 20 years old)別ウィンドウで開く / Minor and 5 years passport別ウィンドウで開く
  2. One official copy of the Family Register (KOSEKI TOHON) (must have been issued within six months prior to the passport application; available from the municipal office in your Registered Domicile) ※Note 1
  3. One passport-sized photograph (taken within the past six months)
  4. Valid Japanese passport
  5. Proof of valid UK Residence Permit/Entry Clearance where applicable, in the form of one of the following: ※Note 2
  6. A. BRP card
    B. UK Residence Permit/Entry Clearance in passport
    C. 'Share code' and 'Your immigration status' printout from showing your name, ID photo and immigration status

    ※Note 1

    ➢ If you hold a valid passport and have the same details on your Family Register (KOSEKI TOHON) as on your last passport application, you do not need to obtain the Family Register (KOSEKI TOHON). However, please make sure that the Honseki (Registered Domicile) on your application form is correct.

    ➢ The Embassy is not able to issue an official copy of the Family Register (KOSEKI TOHON).

    ※Note 2

    If you are a UK passport holder, this is not required. If so, please bring your UK passport.